[Steppes] Persona Developement

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Fri Sep 19 13:42:50 PDT 2003

A huge amount.

I am a direct descendant of Peter Montague; 7th son, indentured servant who
came to America in the 1600's.  He was a descendant of Sir Thomas Montague,
Sir John Montague, William Montague, Second Earl of Salisbury, and Sir Simon
de Montacute.  (There are several Montague's before, after and in between
who were not knighted) And all are descendants of Drogo de Monte-Acuto who
traversed the English Channel with William the Conquer (was William's best
friend) from France to England in 1066.  (My Grandmother was deeply into
genealogy.)

I chose my last name specifically because of my ancestry.  The spelling was
chosen and documented in the Oxford English Dictionary of Surnames to the
year 1255.  Oddly, my first name was documented to the same year.  My first
name I picked out of the Oxford English Dictionary of First Names.

Honourable Lady Arabella de Montacute
Foster Protege to Sir Pendaran Glamorgan, OP, OL