[Steppes] Wood?

Jack Spinks jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 23 19:00:27 PST 2003

Was not aware of ebony but there are many other woods that are toxic in
varying degrees.  I believe there are few domestics that are even deadly.
Mountain Laurel if I recall correctly.    Almost all of the rosewood
(walnuts, butternuts, cocobolo) family contain toxic oils that will inhibit
plant growth and can cause allergic reactions.  Same goes for a lot of
exotic hardwoods- especially heavy oily ones.  Take care and keep the stuff
out of your lungs- especially when sanding etc.

Jacques the Spink
Woodworker