[Steppes] Re: Southern Steppes Night

Gerita hpockets at verizon.net
Thu Feb 27 09:08:08 PST 2003

> We got no snail mail yesterday. What happened to the "sleet, nor dark of
night" stuff? Talk about bad weather! It has to be bad for the mail to not
go through, right?

LOL!  We were phoned yesterday from the local post office - the carrier
cannot get through, please come pick up your mail!  Now really.  If he
cannot get through, just what are they expecting us to do, fly?

Dallas spent $6 million?  Flower Mound spent nothing at all.  I'm certain of
it.  There was absolutely no sand on major roads through last night,
although the police were a little more in evidence than usual.  Side streets
remained navigable by 4 wheel-drive vehicles only til this morning.

That 80's storm must have been something to see, if it was worse than this
one.  Weather is amazing!

> Morgan is right. Sanity must prevail!

Yup.  Good advice at any time.

Gerita