[Steppes] Once upon a time..........

Martha A. Compton macpob1 at airmail.net
Fri May 2 06:31:01 PDT 2003

Unto Catalina Damiana Sanabria Rosado de Xerez,

I thank you for your kind words.  < blush, silly grin, giggle, blush >

I am thankful, proud and grateful to belong to this Barony.  It is made up of
the most wonderful hearts.

( you too!  < big smile, warm hug > )

Muireann

Catalina Damiana Sanabria Rosado de Xerez wrote:

> Once upon a time there was a lovely lady born in Ireland. She was much
> sought after by men for she was an intelligent and talented lady. Her clan
> was a wealthy one so her dowry was large as well. She was married to a man
> of her choosing, but he was not kind to this lady of a warrior clan. He kept
> her from pursuing her arts and sometimes beat her with a thick rod. Hearing
> of the treatment she received at this man's hand, her outraged brothers and
> cousins descended upon this man and slew him. Five times this happened!
> Finally in despair, the much widowed Muireann a Dun na Traighe Ceine fled to
> the Barony of the Steppes. Here she was honored for her many talents with
> the title of Honorable Lady. Many people have been awed by her talents as an
> illuminator and scribe. And so the Barony of the Steppes loves and honours
> her to this day.
>
> (Love you Martha  <grin>)

Alis volat propriis - She flies with her own wings.