[Steppes] Re: Weather at Steppes

Hrldsmn@aol.com Hrldsmn at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 20:22:45 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/2/2003 7:08:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
wjwakefield at juno.com writes:

> Just out of curiosity, how much land do we need to hold a Warlord sized
> event?  And how primitive will we put up with?
>
> Would we carry water from a well?  Can we do without electricity?  What
> about nettles, burrs, fire ants, etc?  Wild animals?  All things we don't
> have to worry about at Canton...

I admit that I would certainly prefer a site with a bit fewer visible
mundanity and less non-SCA traffic. However, I for one would not be willing to put up
with no running water and no flush toilets. I have simply been playing this
game too long and now feel old enough that the physical necessities of comfort
are really important. High grass, burrs, and a bad ant, chigger, or tick
problem would also rule out sites to my mind. Warlord is too large and draws too
many people to try and make it work at a primitive site over a three-day weekend
in hot weather.

Edwin