[Steppes] Re: Weather at Steppes

Gerita hpockets at verizon.net
Tue Jun 3 13:19:25 PDT 2003

We had at least 3 generators running in the RV lot that I know of at
Warlord this year without any problems. Now, they were away from the tent
camping, but that's part of the balancing act that has to be done some
times. I don't think anyone has said anything about not letting special
needs folks participate.

No, Philo, they did not.  At least not directly.  However, there are people
who cannot afford hotel rooms or RVs who require 'plugging in' at night.
Since i'm married to one, i guess i can speak here.  We hold no grudges when
sites are not amenable to his needs - we just don't attend the event.  What
i'm trying to say, and obviously not well, is that exact thing:  people with
such needs have only one choice when a site cannot accomodate them, and that
is to miss the event entirely.  It would be wonderful if we could at least
keep this in mind while shopping for another site, and try to locate a site
where reasonable accomodations could be made. Missing War Lord is just not
on our Happy List. . . . . .

I think we also have to take into account that an event will never be
all things to all people. At least not until we buy our own site and
outfit it especially for our needs. Lots of luck with that.

<whew> Now that, Sir, is a tall order if you like (grin)!!  Since the BOD
won't allow us to own permanent property, we'll have to find a Sugardaddy or
Sugarmama willing to own the site for us.  And then do fund-raisers under a
separate title for such things as bath houses and electrical hookups.  I've
been dreaming of such a thing for the last three years, but my ship hasn't
come in to finance the thing!  Any one else?

Gerita,
smiling

Philo

> --- Gerita <hpockets at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > 'special needs' folks have
> > as much right to participate as the able-bodied.
> > That needs to be taken
> > into account>
> > Gerita

=====
---
Aaron D. Robb, M.Ed., NCC, LPC

"Well, I guess you could call me a lucky man," Confucius says wryly to his
students. "Whenever I make a mistake, there's always somebody to point it
out to me."   - T. R. Reid _Confucius lives next door_