[Steppes] New site for Warlord

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 13:31:59 PDT 2003

Ok, Steppes and Elfsea members, cantons and friends,

I've been mulling around this thought in my mind, and I would like some people's input on the following:

- What ever happened to Keller's Camp on the Brazos?  Did it get too small for us?  There were some great Elfsea events there.

- Has anyone in Glaslyn checked out the Lake Lewisville or Lake Ray Roberts camping areas?  I went to Lake Ray Roberts for a department picnic and it was lovely and hidden from the highway.

- There's a lot of land in Grapevine.  Does anyone know of any campgrounds around there?  Elfsea, Lindenwood?

- A thought for an indoor site came to mind for another event.  There's a winery in Grapevine that offers it's "Barrel Room" for wedding receptions and the like.  It wouldn't take much to make THAT place look period.  The barrels are floor to ceiling!

I am willing to check out some of these sites, but I wanted to know if anyone has info on them before I do (or if they have contacted them before).

HL Gabrielle (ps, I am ALL for changing the Warlord site and am in total agreement with Her Majesty Conal - sp?)

John de Irwynne <lordirwynne at yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm sure we cannot change the date of Warlord. Its in
Kingdom Law, however if everyone works on this, we may
be able to find a better site.

-Elspeth

> > Perhaps, instead of changing a otherwise
> comfortable
> > site - maybe a change in months could be looked
> at?
> > may is known for some pretty fun weather.

"Qui ne risque rien, n'a rien."

"Mieux vaut profiter tard,
Que jamais ne rien faire."