[Steppes] Mars OT, but interesting.

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 09:15:47 PDT 2003

Thank you for the info, Lord John. I had already noticed that mars was
exceptionally bright recently. When one takes the dog out in the middle of
the night, one sees marvelous things sometimes. In Oregon I chanced to see
the aurora borealis two times, and a herd of elk crossing the field in
moonlight. They looked like grey ghosts.

One can only imagine what the thoughts were of those who lived in the period
in which we play, had they seen this wonder of the skies. Perhaps a dragon
was coming, , or war, or the world would end from the bright fire of the red
star. What dire events or good fortune would such a sight foretell? Thank
you again, my lord.

Linet