[Steppes] Steppes fighter levy:

Zach hellbilly_tx at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 09:07:07 PDT 2003

What exactly is a fighter levy?

As far as getting a number of fighters to get involved I thought I would let you know that even though me and my friends that I dragged down to fighter practice have not shown again it is not out of lack of interest.  In fact we have been spending several nights a week building armor.  We build on Sundays and have not been there.  There will be three new fighters, with about no experience but a lot of enthusiasm hitting the field with in a month or so.  Sooner if we can get some help on the whole armor-building process.

Nickolai Vatavia

ironwyrm at juno.com wrote:Morgan (the taller one),

What's the odds that we can start building a fighter levy this year from
the Barony to fight at Gulf War? We have tried over the last few years
to create such a organized levy and it just hasn't worked. Now is the
time to start preparing to get a group together for that task. As the
weather cools war practices shall begin in earnest and the battle of
"Three Queens" looms on the horizon. It has been far too long since a
Steppes banner has flown over those battlefields!

Twelve combat archers & two shieldmen from our household mercenaries whom
do call Steppes and her Cantons home have already committed to fight for
Ansteorra this coming Gulf War, however we still have three siege engines
that will need to be manned and we're accepting volunteers.

I write this note openly in the hope that those uncommitted fighters of
our Barony shall contact you so they too may be counted among our
Baronies' numbers.

If you can raise a number of fighters to join us we can have all in
readiness to raise the Steppes' war banner high above the field of war at
this year's Gulf battles.

Ironwyrm