[Steppes] Steppes fighter levy:

Patrick Cuccurello pcuccurello at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:59:08 PDT 2003

>I wouldn't want to overstep my bounds as the knight marshal.  The
>establishment of a baronial levy is really within the purview of the Baron
>or the Warlord.  At a populace in the distant past, the idea of a baronial
>fighting unit was brought up, and at that time it didn't have even minimal
>support by the members of the barony.  I think now, with the number of
>fighters we have growing in the barony, is a good time to rejoin this
>discussion.  We have a proud household in Arkum, a growing war unit in th
>Condottieri, knightly households, and new and unattached fighters.
>
>What do these leaders say?
>
>Morgan

I'm afraid that we Mongols who live East of the Steppes are merely peaceful,
pastoral nomads.  Our skills on the field of battle are
limited.......errrr.....no, those are not swords, they are merely long
pruning shears....yeah, that's the ticket.  We will be more that happy to
make sure that the horses, herds, and flocks of the Steppes are well taken
care of while you are off to War!  Why, we'll even watch after your wives
and children for you!  And just because we are such nice guys, we will even
be happy to make sure that any jewels, precious metals, rare fabrics,
spices, keys to chastity belts, and naughty underwear are held safe until
your return  <<grin>>

.....you can trust us  :)
Pet. d' Cat.