[Steppes] OT: salvage yards (non-automotive)

MCBaker216@cs.com MCBaker216 at cs.com
Mon Oct 6 10:19:28 PDT 2003

In a message dated 10/06/2003 9:17:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
steppes-request at ansteorra.org writes:

> Since SCA folks tend to be some of the best scroungers in the world
>  (that is high praise), I was curious if anyone knew of a salvage
>  yard/store in the DFW area.. Not automobile salvage, but general type
>  stuff..  The kind of place you can walk in and find odd lots of lumber,
>  plumbing stuff, kitchen type salvage... you know, cool junk..

North of Sanger (?) on I-35, northbound service road, is another location
with "surplus", scratch&dent, "lightly used" home improvement parts and pieces.

If you are looking specifically for metals talk to Cairenne, she has or at
least had an excellent place to go (probably off of Industrial, but I never made
it down there).  There is also a metals recycler on Northwest Highway west of
John Carpenter Fwy that often has interesting forms of copper (sheet, wire,
pipe, machined bar) available at decent prices.

Adieu, Amra / Pax ... Kihe / ttfn - Mike

Mike C. Baker
SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
SFF&H Reviews and More!: http://www.sfwatcher.com (E-Mail:
vidwatcher at sfwatcher.com)