[Steppes] Military Packages

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Wed Aug 25 15:44:39 PDT 2004

Greetings to the generous people of The Steppes,

The first shipment of items for our adopted unit has left here, due in
Iraq in 10 days.  Our Unit is the First Cavalry Division, Engineers'
Brigade.  And just for Lady Kate, after all her hard work, the first box
did go to a Cunningham!

An email received lists the following items that are sorely needed, just
in case you're headed out to the store:

220 power converters
"female supplies" (there are 12 women in the unit)
Socks
T-shirts (for under body armor)
Boxers/panties
magazines (obviously, no 'naughty' ones)
CDs
DVDs
Protein shakes
hydroxycut
Chips, candy, etc.
Canned meat like tuna (NO Pork Products)
Canned nuts
Air fresheners
Sheets for twin beds
US themed anything
Playtime stuff like baseball mitts, etc.

I'll pass on all communication I receive from these fine people.  If
anyone would like to write them a letter to be included in future
shipments, please do and pass it on to me to be packed.

Thank you for all you've done for our fighters - they do appreciate it.

Ever in Service,
Gerita del Mare

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are
added to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)