[Steppes] Riding on the Storm

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 12:30:54 PDT 2004

Glen / Alaric,
My friends and I were ... driving?... (if you want to call it that) back from a frozen model  rocket competition in Lubbock in that mess.  Almost slid into a deep ditch during that trip.  Trying to maneuver from the incline to the highway without sliding further down was quite a trick.  I'm glad I wasn't driving.  Never so glad to see the lights of Reunion Tower doing there little dance in the sky as when we neared Dallas!!!!!  Needless to say, our drive time was doubled because of the storm.  Ick!
Jann / Gabrielle

"Wilkerson, Glen D" <glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com> wrote:
The Dallas ice storm, New Year's Eve 1980. Everyone in my apartment was
planning on all going off to different parties instead of staying in and
going to the one in our complex. Then came the ice and froze everyone in.

The party that night was epic.

Alaric