[Steppes] Tales of Gulf War

Ashia Yother hoppersgal at juno.com
Tue Mar 23 06:18:01 PST 2004

Unto Steppes,

It was a tedious and hostile trip home.  My mount passed on within enemy territory, the load upon the carriage who remained with myself and Elizabetta (new comer Traci) was great and I would not have asked the equine to give anymore than it was already giving.  I resigned myself to stay within Meridies maneuvering myself into a safe place until a more suitable mount or a knight pure of heart and in shining amour could come, bringing me home to our dear Steppes safely. Fear not, it was not the gallant mount Dance Magic that has met his maker, yet it was a small black horse of the Germans that left me at such an inopportune moment.

Images of war are still reflected from my eyes and memories are burned into my being so that I may never forget them.  TRMs were stunning, I was witness to their greatness as they fought bravely and with much love for their beloved Ansteorra more closely upon the rapier field(even out numbered his Majesty fought to the bitter end.  ) and out within heavy battle. I never knew Catapults and Trebuchets could be so interesting.

I give word fame to Centurion Morgan who we watched proudly as he defended himself against a small legion of men who still could not hold off his attacks.  By some strange form of witchery, my cousin Elizabetta captured (I dare not speak its name for I fear a demon of great strength may cause harm upon me) realistic paintings of Centurion Morgan on this particular occasion. [Gold good.  Blue bad.]

We feasted quite well during the war.  A strange young lady from the far east supplied us a feast of unusual proportions.  It tasted of fish yet, there was no fish within it.  I believe that she called it sushi. (Thanks to those who cooked, the food was great!)

My eyes grow tired as well as my hand from this quill work.  Please come to populous to hear our tales of war so that you may be inspired to join us next year on our journey.

~*~
Thank you to HE Borek for setting up our tent and being the best makeup stand ever!

To the 3 Wisemen……you know who you are……thank you for such a lovely weekend. You guys are the best and I am always here to help you.  Now get out here and authorized on a mount!

To Lord and Lady Steppes…….I can not begin to thank you for what you did for me.  You are remarkable people and Steppes is lucky to have such a kind Baron/ness.  I am forever in your debt and your service.

To Ches…….I believe we are the 3 Musketeerettes.  Thank you for helping so much you are the greatest.

To my cousin Elizabetta - Close can not begin to describe us now, you are truly my family.

Lady Allessandra di Giovanni
Steppes Equestrian Marshall
Rider of Dance Magic
(Ashia Yother)