[Steppes] Gulf War trailer plans (repeat)

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 07:05:31 PST 2004

>I apologize beforehand to anyone who's getting a repeat of this message;
>since I didn't count 13 >adult heads in terms of e-mail addresses, I'm
>putting this message on the Steppes list in hopes of >informing all parties
>concerned.

There's the key there. Are all of those pre-registered Adults? I have
assumed Zander and Gerita's children were pre-registered and counted towards
the 13 person total. The approx $33 was based on 11 adults discounting the
children as they generally do not take up so much extra room that they would
need to be included in the division of funds for the trailor. If you divide
by 13, the amount will go down.

>because I thought it would also entail a heavier burden on your gas
>mileage, I figured that we >would also contribute in some way to your gas
>funds. This figure is still up in the air, however. We >could go with
>either a specific amount based on half of the trip (you let us know on
>Wednesday >how much additional gas you burned on the way down, and we'd
>figure our shares to comp you >on the return trip) or we could figure all
>adults to contribute $5-10 each upfront and had it over >Thursday evening
>at the packing of the trailer.

At $359.40 / 11 Adults = $33.67
At $359.40 / 13 Pre-reg = $27.65

For additional gas burned:
At $5 per, that would be a total of between $55 and $65
At $10 per, that would be a total of between $110 and $130

I estimate my personal expense for gas for the whole trip to be between $120
and $160 for 3-4 tanks of gas at about $40 per tank. Estimating an extra
tank of gas for hauling the trailor, it would be about $3 to $5 per head per
extra tank we wanted to estimate it would take to haul the trailor there and
back.

Gerita, any idea how much hauling the trailor will affect your mileage?

>Feedback, people?

Math is your friend ;)

>Packing the trailer at 6 p.m. on Thursday is good for me. What about the
>rest of you?

Works for me

>I'll post the directions to the storage facility tomorrow.

Sorry, nust have missed the email or deleted it already.

I know where this is personally, but for those who do not, it is the
Lock-N-Key at 3333 Buckner north of 30 and south of John West.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=Te3qwep_0TokKZERLnZhwcVjVV8ZldY-&csz=Dallas%2C+TX+75228&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

I am not so sure of exactly where the Burger King is, but there is a
Jack-in-the-Box across the street closer to John West.

Someone want to give us the location the to Burger King that was mentioned
for a meeting place?

Borek