[Steppes] War Update

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 05:28:53 PST 2004

At last count, we were still unsure when TE, their son and newcomer Traci
would be arriving, and our Equestrian Marshal was still in Mississippi with
her vehicle.  Hopefully she'll be able to get it fixed quickly and get back
on the road on the way home.  The unloading at the storage facility went
quickly in a workman like manner, almost as if it was being done by people
who wanted to get it over with and go home and get some sleep.  :)

Thanks to Francesca, our lovely an kind Seneschal for getting us into the
storage facility a little earlier than the quickest arriving key.  :)  There
was a horrible traffic snare on I20 at Tyler that caused everyone a delay of
well over an hour.

All of that makes it sound bad.  Getting home late was aggrivating last
night.  The traffic was annoying last night.  The memories of this war will
live forever.  I heard long time war vetrans tell first timers to savor the
moments, because this war was one of the best ever.  I'm not as experienced
as some, having only been to my second Gulf War, 2 Estrellas and 1 Pennsic,
but this war outstripped my previous 4.  It will be hard to top.  The
weather was perfect all week long, the friendship was perfect for a
lifetime.  The stories we have to tell, these will quickly cause our minor
inconveniences to fade out of our memories will live on forever.  But top it
we can, my friends, if only you join us next year.

Centurion Morgan
Knight Marshal, Steppes