[Steppes] Herbal Question

Scot and Michelle Henry cshenry at ev1.net
Sun May 23 20:19:49 PDT 2004

I know many of the herbal guild people are on this list, so I was wondering
if anyone could address this question posed by a fellow student in a
multicultural lit. class for librarians?

In the book "Shabanu"  the author refers to a mixture of
Jasmine oil, tumeric, cumin and saffron.  (pages 149 and
again page 201)  The author tells that this will make
Pulan's skin fragrant , smooth, and golden.  Has anyone
ever heard of this.   It sounds like our modern day
suntanning creams.  I'm into natural herbal remedies and
have never heard of this.  Does anyone know of this
mixture and if it works?

Thanks,
Michelle (Capricia)