[Steppes] Warlord tunic progress

Maura Folsom jauncourt at verizon.net
Mon May 24 12:54:19 PDT 2004

Catalina Damiana Saravia Quicedo de Xerez wrote:

> I'm sorry you feel that way, it's definitely been a learning experience
> for all of us. I'm sure you did the best you could under the
> circumstances. If some future project comes up we will all have a better
> idea of what to do and what not to do. We are certainly do appreciate
> your efforts and we hate if this discourages you from volunteering again.

I am mostly feeling terrible that everyone has had such a hard time with
this, and that I no longer have time to help (between my sewing
to-do-list and raising my son). I thought it would be easier for
everyone else, since the embroidery would be done by those who actually
enjoyed the task and had more experience. I am mistaken and find that
there is much resentment of the techniques I used, and I cannot go back
and fix it. It would have been better if a more experienced embroiderer
had taken the task on - then everyone else who worked on it would not be
suffering so.

In future I shall keep to things I know more about, - cutting and sewing
garments, making jewelry and illumination - unless I am doing something
by myself. The rest of you are picking up a great deal of slack.

Regretfully,

Marguerie