[Steppes] precedence reminder

Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio chiara at io.com
Tue Nov 9 13:07:15 PST 2004

I think that the problem here in our society is, for many, the way we were
raised in modern day society.

Many may feel that it is unfitting to thrust our titles upon others. They
may not be doing this in others eye but in their own eyes, the way they
were raised in the modern world, they are. Pride is a trait that is
sometimes taught to be a bad thing, they may feel that this is a feature
of Pride.

Maybe what we need is a gentle lesson that it is OK to use our titles. We
are not being snotty or prideful when we do, it is a gift that we were
given, one that the giver fully expects us to use.

Someone recently reminded me that gifts are given to be used, not
returned. That one should wear or use the gift to honor the person who
gave it. Now we were talking about jewelry and how I always returned the
jewels that my past bows gave me, but I think statements he made may apply
here as well.

In truth, more people are concerned with the pronounciation of their names
than if we remember their titles.

HL Chiara