[Steppes] Coming to Houston

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 19:35:59 PDT 2004

I thought that I would share some information that I received this week,
knowing that most SCA-dians enjoy Tolkien and the Peter Jackson version of
the tales that have been put on film the last three years.

It has been announced that the travelling exhibit of The Lord of the Rings,
the Motion PictureTriology will be coming to the Houston Museum of Natural
Science in June, 2005 and should be there through the month of August. Now I
know that some of you know about my fondness for the films and books, and
may get the idea that I am a bit biased, but from everything I have heard,
this is a must see opportunity. Among the items that will be on display are:
Theoden's Armor, Boromir in the boat, Sting and I believe Anduril, a full
sized Treebeard and cave troll. There are literally thousands of things to
check out and the influence of medieval crafts will be shown and discussed.
I have several friends that have seen the exhibit in London and Boston since
it left Te Papa, New Zealand and they all recommend it very, very highly. I
don't know about you, but I would love to get a look at some of the armor
and costumes very close up and personal. Here's a link to what the Boston
Museum of Science has had with it.

http://ww11.e-tractions.com/mos/run/lotr?rd=502

Linet