[Steppes] Living in the Past....Could you really do it??

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 12:53:23 PDT 2004

Xene,
That's cool about the Albiginsians.  I didn't know they were vegetarians.  I studied them a bit in my French history class.  We had a section on the Cathars.  Then, John and I actually got to visit that area of France in 1998 when we went to Carcassonne.  They had the Spanish Inquisition Torture museum there at Carcassonne, so there were lots of stories about the people of Albi.  Wasn't Albi the subject of the famous Papal phrase, "Kill them all. God will sort them out."?  So sad and a bit "cathartic."
Gabrielle

Scot and Michelle Henry <cshenry at ev1.net> wrote:
And don't forget that there were many "no meat" days for various religious
purposes.