[Steppes] What Jesus Would DO!

Spence Mabry smabry at flash.net
Tue Feb 24 10:03:39 PST 2004

If you don't want to read this, go ahead an delete it.  We won't feel
insulted.

This was a reaction of what happened when I called in today to get extended
benefits for unemployment.

Folks,
Robin and I are both unemployed.
Robin's benefit and extended benefits ran out the first of February.
My benefits ran out the first of February.  And I am not able to get
extended benefits.
Why?
Because George W. Bush, in his wisdom, has refused to sign legislation to
allow that.
Which means that Robin and I have no income at all.
Robin is unable to do what she was previously to do because of rheumatoid
arthritis.
I, however, can do what I used to do but seem to be over-qualified to do
them.
President Bush wants my money.  He even sent me a picture of him and Laura
Bush (signed, no less) requesting money.
He has no idea of what people are going through in this country.  He
evidently believes that everyone must be as well off as he is.
WAKE UP, REPUBLICANS!
WAKE UP, DEMOCRATS!
WAKE UP, AMERICA!
The downtrodden, the desolute, the poor, the disfranchised are your
responsibility.  So says YHWH, the Lord  our God; so say Jesus our Lord.
We are not asking for anything.
We are not asking for money
We are only asking for justice.
We are asking for a true and equitable distribution of wealth.
We are asking for all the downtrodden to be lifted up to where they can
stand on their own two feet.
We are asking for the desolute to be elevated to a level where they can hold
their heads up high.
We are asking for the poor to be raised to where they do not fell
marginalized.
We are asking for the disfranchised to be taken into society so that they
may once again be productive.
We are asking for you to do WHAT JESUS WOULD DO.
Nothing more.
Nothing less.