[Steppes] Warlord tunic progress

Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio chiara at io.com
Tue May 18 09:15:39 PDT 2004

I recently spoke to the original Lady that worked on this tunic. She told
me that there were extensive notes on how to work on that front portion of
the tunic that would make it easier to finish the leaves. I did not see
any notes so i am not sure if they were lost or not. She was concerned
that they may have been lost .

If anyone here knows this lady (I cannot remember her name but she got an
AOA for working on this, the design is Branwyn's, the initial lay out work
is this lady's) please contact her for those notes.

She did agree with Katya's ideas about using applique's for the wreath and
had some great ideas for matching the gold color of the applique to the
gold color of the floss with spray laquer.

I still feel that if your going to hand finish the wreath that you use the
finer glover's needles as the holes they create heal when working with
that many treated layers of fabric, the larger needles are for leather
use, not for fabric use.

She also said that the satin stitch on a machine would be best to use on
finishing the rest of the trunk. These things are in the notes.

Chiara