[Steppes] Warlord tunic progress

Maura Folsom jauncourt at verizon.net
Tue May 18 10:27:08 PDT 2004

Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio wrote:
> I recently spoke to the original Lady that worked on this tunic. She told
> me that there were extensive notes on how to work on that front portion of
> the tunic that would make it easier to finish the leaves. I did not see
> any notes so i am not sure if they were lost or not. She was concerned
> that they may have been lost .
>
> If anyone here knows this lady (I cannot remember her name but she got an
> AOA for working on this, the design is Branwyn's, the initial lay out work
> is this lady's) please contact her for those notes.

That was me!

Unfortunately, the notes were all handwritten, and I have no copies.
IIRC, about half of the grice to the right (your right, as you are
facing the tunic) and two of the leaves immediately around its head (I
think) are the part that I worked before handing off the tunic. I did
satin stitch and chainstich, IIRC. I have not seen the tunic since I
handed it off almost 2 years ago, so my reccollections are necessarily
fuzzy.

I heard it suggested that gold floral leaves be used for the wreath, and
I think this is an excellent idea, but I suggested a couple of ways to
'antique' them (black or brown floral tint spray, thin shoepolish,
thinned black or brown fabric paints?) so they aren't so GLARINGLY modern.

If I can make it to the last sewing night before Warlord, I'll bring my
machine and do the satin stitch necessary to finish the appliques. I'll
know by Friday whether or not I can manage to come.

marguerie de jauncourt