[Steppes] Gulf Wars 2005 - Gift basket Project recap

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 07:05:15 PDT 2004

>Why do they all have to be the same?  Uniform does not have to mean
>identical.

You are quite right, 'uniform' does not mean 'identical'. 'Uniform' here
means of the same general size and shape not exactly same. This means there
can be variations in color, material, time period, theme, etc.

I have chosen the term 'uniform' so that when each set is completed and
ready to be given to a kingdom or principality, they all are getting the
same approximate thing so that one or another does not feel slighted in some
nebulous way. This does not mean we cannot show the depth and breath of the
artisic and creative ability of the Steppes. On the contrary, it can add to
this by being forced to confine these abilities and still 'shine' as Caireen
says.

BTW, I've seen a note by another saying to create a 20th for the historian
which is not a bad idea. What I would further propose is the creation of a
period games chest with all of these games we are making and more which
would not have the confining aspects of uniformity, but more of a purely
artistic and utilitarian nature. The box could even have game boards painted
or carved into the top of it to serve as a portable gaming table.

Borek