[Steppes] Military

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Sun Oct 3 04:56:48 PDT 2004

Greetings The Steppes!

It's that time again.  Business meeting is upon us, and it brings with
it thoughts of our adopted units overseas.  Please read this list
carefully, and consider bringing an item or three with you to the
meeting, in honor of our fallen SCA brother. Cash is also needed to ship
the boxes.  Our last shipment cost more than $70!  Please include notes,
photos, etc, too. As you can see, they are appreciated.   Notes from our
units and a 'wish list' are below:

220 Converters
female supplies
baseballs
gloves
US themed anything
twin sheets
air fresheners
nuts
tuna
candy
chips
Hydroxicut
Protein shakes
DVDs (no porno, horror, or anything with people less than 1/2 dressed)
CDs
magazines
boxers/panties
T-shirts (for under body armor)
socks

The response we have received is wonderful! Many soldiers are actually
taking up pen pals now as a result! Thank you for all you are doing for
the troops over here.------Chris

09 Sep 2004:
Hi!! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I have changed
shifts and it is very hard for me to get to the internet now. We are all
doing very well, we're just trying to beat the heat. Some of us had a
chance to go home on r& r, and some haven't. I pray that we all get a
chance to go. Thank you for all of your support back on the home front.
Take care and big hugs to you.

Thank you,
Spc. Brown, ebony

19 Sep 2004:
To you and everyone who is supporting us: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I can't tell you enough times how great this is! I feel bad because
there are actually too many people responding for me to actually write
them all and tell them thank you. Please let them know on the web-site
that everyone here appreciates so much every last card, letter, note or
care package that is sent!!!!!! We are to the point where there is not a
single person who doesn't get something in the mail, whether it be
personally to them or something they need/want in a care package to 'any
soldier.' I can't express how much every little thing helps. Whatever it
may be - letter or care package - helps not only us here, but our
families back home. It takes the stress off of not only those of us here
but off the families back home who do not have as much time to write
(because they are picking up the extra responsibilities we used to
handle when we were there) or do not have the money to always get and
send us -- Chris

  _____

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are
added to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)