[Steppes] how many teachers among us?

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 8 11:29:16 PDT 2004

Get yourself a drink and relax. ;-)  Here goes...

Short version:
I am a trained, certified, recognized and experienced teacher of lots of
subjects.

Medium version:
I am degreed by UT Austin as a BFA (English, minor:Spanish), McMurry Univ.
as a BFA (Painting-in traditional watercolor), am a Phi Theta Kappa (4.0)
from Collin Co. Community College in Applied Graphic Design in Technology
(Macintosh), and am certified by the State of Texas to teach English,
English as a Second Language, and Art in secondary schools.

I have studied in small and private workshops and year-longs with Craft
Level members of the American Watercolor Society and the Society of Scribes
and Illuminators (London) including its past presidents Donald Jackson and
Ieuan Rees. I can also list the following national/international masters as
my calligraphy teachers: Sheila Waters, Julian Waters, Paul Freeman (founder
of the NYC Society of Scribes), David Howells (Leeds, UK), Marci Robinson,
Michael Neugebauer, David Mekelberg, Tom Ingmire, Reggie Ezzel, Dick Jackson
(was protege to him for 4 yrs.), et al. (not mentioning the watercolor
list).

I have taught junior high and high school levels of English, and junior high
physical education. I have taught Calligraphy as a faculty member of McMurry
University and at Brookhaven Community College and have been asked to teach
at Eastfield Community College. I have been a guest teacher/lecturer at
Collin County Community College, The Calligrapher's Loft in New York City
(Manhattan), and the prestigeous Rancho La Puerta in Mexico.

I have also taught calligraphy privately at many venues, including churches,
businesses, and in homes, as well as several classes for the SCA as
Scriptorum, C&I, and the Known World Academy of Arts and Sciences.

I have written several books on calligraphy (and other subjects), one of
which was distributed (and quoted in the catalog) of John Neal Bookseller. I
am presently teaching students from a protype of my new calligraphy book.

Long version:
(Omitted)

Apology:
That's enough for now. The rest of the "resume" is a lot longer if you
include mundane art exhibitions and art awards, notable client list,
writings, and other fields I have successfully worked in since 1957.
Didn't mean to bore you with the facts if I did---but you asked...   ;-)

HL Lete Bithespring
SCA: AoA, Acorn, Oak, Orders of the Sable Thistle and Iris