[Steppes] OT - Carthusia Perfumes of Capri 1380

Jewell Wainwright ladyglasswk at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 13:17:06 PDT 2004

I have one period perfume recipe that supposedly belonged to an empress.  I made it using essential oils, and it smells awful!!!!!!  LOL!  Of course, we must remember that during that time period bathes were not all that frequent, so I'm sure the perfumes had to be strong to cover the body odors.
Julianna

Brent Ryder <borekvv at hotmail.com> wrote:
Tripped across this on MSN - Carthusia Perfumes of Capri began life at a
monastery in the year 1380.

http://lexus.msn.com/id/2074206/sid/2086196/

Be nice to have the recipes

Borek