[Steppes] Frederich's Boxes

Jewell Wainwright ladyglasswk at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 09:08:48 PDT 2004

May we bring stuff for the boxes to business meeting next week?  Will you or David be there?
Julianna

Gerita/Carolle Cox <hpockets at verizon.net> wrote:
Greetings, The Steppes!

Once again, I take a moment of your time to post a reminder to add just
an item or two to your shopping list in the name of our fallen friend.
We need 'stuff' to send to our units! The signal corps (6 men, 2 women)
is coming home in January, but the Engineers (65 male, 15 female) are
there til at least March.

Here are some ideas:

Gallon-size Ziploc bags
pump-style bug repellant
hard candy (tootsie rolls don't melt, and they're chocolate!)
220/110 voltage converters
female necessities
socks
male and female underwear
magazines
CDs
books (guys like Clancy, Creighton, etc. Women evidently will read
anything that has words in it)
BEANIE BABIES, or toys like them
Protein shakes
healthy snacks
not-healthy snacks (you know - your own favorites)
air fresheners (anything that smells good, honestly)
canned nuts
tuna (any canned meat EXCEPT Spam, really)
twin size bed linens
baseballs and gloves
jump ropes
any 'tools' for outdoor sport, including fishing
American themed anything at all

This box needs to be out of the US by November 15 to reach our units by
Christmas. Please help us add to the absolute deluge these lonely
people deserve at that time of year.

PS: They love letters - they actually answer them!!

PPS: Is anyone a collector of foreign money?

In service to the dream,
Gerita del Mare,
still packing for the once-and-forever-postponed-move

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost. They are
added to the ages of other women. -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)