[Steppes] Steppes Fighter Practice 10-24-2004

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Mon Oct 25 17:05:19 PDT 2004

Heilsa,

The day started bright and sunny, promising to be a warm day in the
park. By 1 PM the sky had darkened, covering the sun and providing shade
and cooler temperatures for practice. Another wonderful day in the park
and to be fighting.

In attendance this day in Mary Heads Carter park:

Hosey and children - Tori, Jon and Nikko.

Eric and Stephanie with their three children, plus a young man (age 13)
named Joey. Riding with them was Icia. While her husband Roc was over in
Elfsea. Eric and Stephanie also brought out two ferrets as well. All the
children whether big or small love them.

Roland, a member of the Fray with a newcomer who had expressed an
interest in fighting arrived.

Josh

Mike and his son Mickey

Centurion Morgan - good to see you up and moving around. Stayed briefly
until Kim came by and took him.

Roc

Duncan

and myself - Michael

Those in armor fighting:

Roland, Josh, Roc, Duncan, Mike, and Hosey.

Total of 6 fighters.

Total number of children (under age of 18): 7

Total number in attendance: 21

Fights that I recall:

Roland with shield and sword vs Josh fighting florentine

Josh fighting florentine vs Duncan with two swords - one inverted

Roc with shield and sword vs Josh fighting florentine

Hosey florentine vs Josh florentine

Duncan two swords vs Mike with buckler and sword

Duncan two swords vs Roc with shield and sword.

Instruction being provided by both Roc and Hosey, both to individuals,
as well as to teams  as they fought.

And has been the case,  roughly a dozen mundanes had gather to watch and
ask questions as the fighters went about their practice.

I wish to thank all who came out and helped both Hosey and myself keep
our word to be there in the park at our usual time for those who do not
have access to e-mail.

Michael