[Steppes] Gulf Wars - Steppes Encampment, Etc.

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 12:05:16 PST 2004

Borek

Please add me to the Steppes camping list as a definate maybe ;)  I should know in December if I will have enough funds to go ......

Thanks

Kathyrn Cuninghame of Ayr

Brent Ryder <borekvv at hotmail.com> wrote:
Howdy all,

It's been a month or more since this come up, so I thought a refresher might
be in order.

I have the following so far saying they intend to be at Gulf Wars and want
to camp as Steppes:

Abd' al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim
Valeria Richila Navarro
Zander
Borek Vitalievich Volkov
Chiara Francesca Arianna d'Onofrio
Gerita del Mara
Anne the Spinster
Bre'nain MacGilla Pa'traic

Possible Attendee (may or may not camp with Steppes):
Alessandra di Giovanni
Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa
Hrafn Olaffson
Susan

Possible attendee:
David ben Leon

If any of this is incorrect or can be updated, let me know. If you now know
you are going and want to camp with the Steppes, let me know so I can keep
track. All told, including the possibles, we have 12 Adults and one child
which is about what we had last year in the Steppes encampment.

To Pre-Reserve space I believe we need 20 people. Each individual is
allocated, I believe, 10'X15' for their camping needs per past Gulf Wars. If
you need more space, then multiple registrations could be made which should
count towards the 20 people limit (at least I heard it did last year, but
things change and mileage may vary).

I have emailed Sir Godwin to find out who is the Central Region Landcrat. If
one has not been selected, I am considering applying for the office.

Currently the offer is still open for me to be 'Camp Mom' and get the site
pre-setup as much as I can and also to cook meal if that is what the group
wants in the way of a meal plan.

Also, I have not heard anything of what is happening with the Gulf War
basket stuff at all since last business meeting. Is anything happening with
these period game gifts? Who is doing what? How many are in process and how
many have yet to be done? I hate to see things fall through the cracks, and
as this is something that is going to be attributed to the barony, more than
a handful of people should be involved if they choose.

Let me know what's up

HE Borek Vitalievich Volkov CB, CSM, OOS, Star Emeritus
Bordure Herald
Apprentice to Sheik Da'ud ibn Auda, al-Jamal Herald, OL, OP, Lion

In seeking Wisdom, the first stage is silence, the second is listening, the
third remembrance, the fourth practicing, the fifth teaching. - Solomon
Gabirol, c. 1045

The supreme happiness of life is
the conviction of being loved for yourself,
or more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
~Victor Hugo~

"Character is higher than intellect" - Ralph Waldo Emmerson