[Steppes] Gulf Wars - Steppes Encampment, Etc.

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Thu Nov 4 12:17:01 PST 2004

LOL!! Let me try and answer all your questions from this perspective:

Re: SteppesCamp:  Yes, I'll be there.  David ben Leon may be, but Sueko
won't, barring an incredible shift in the stars that moves her Midterm
Exam week. In any case, I will likely buy them both tickets, so we're
covered. You are welcome to be "Camp Mom" if you want that job.  Would
the "meal plan" then consist of a given amount of money to be donated to
your shopping fund, instead of what we did last year? I'm happy hauling
the trailer again, since I'll likely be on Chirurgeon set-up staff
again.

Each individual who PREREGISTERS gets 225 square feet, INCLUDING
walkways and common areas.  This means people bringing oversize tents
(looks around innocently) will need to plan to be squashed into corners
to allow for said walkways and common areas. Individuals whose calendars
clear at the last moment need not fear being stuffed in with the
Trimarian rabble - we managed to scoot around to allow everyone to
squeeze in last year, and I'm sure we can do it again.  But if there's a
way to let Borek know that you are still trying, that would help a lot,
since boundaries are not moved one inch after Saturday afternoon when
they are laid out.

I believe a candidate has been put forward for the Central Regional
Landocrat.  But I could be wrong.

The Clothiers' and Textile Workers' Guild, operating on the information
we received last - at the September Guild Meeting - is working on fabric
game boards that will pull up into bags for pieces and whatnot.  Many
hands are needed - do contact me for patterns and the like.  Some
materials are available.

This leaves game pieces, rules, etc., to others.  I'd rather not have to
stick buttons into the bags as game pieces, although they'd work for
these games.  Sets of rules for each game would also be a great thing to
add.

In service,
Gerita del Mare

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross