[Steppes] Info on Steppes Land Allocation for Gulf Wars

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 07:52:02 PST 2004

I would like to apologize for not replying sooner. I received this over the
weekend and I wanted to give my reply due consideration before responding

>From: "Ameline Dubois" <ameline at generich.com>
>To: <borekvv at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [Steppes] Info on Steppes Land Allocation for Gulf Wars
>Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:23:30 -0600
>
>Honorable Lord Borek,

First off, I am BARON Borek Vitalievich Volkov and it is poor form for a
ruling noble to make so grievous an insult to my title on such an officious
email. Their Majesties Duncan and Larissa conferred the honor upon me at
Elfsea Defender and only the crown can remove that title from me.

Secondly, as I sent my original email to the populous in an open and frank
manner, I am choosing to keep it open so as to keep the populace of the
Steppes informed. All responses to me on this issue will be published.

>     If you wish to have words with me about My Barony or My people please
>call me at 817-447-3636. I am sorry you feel that you or your Barony has
>been slighted and or mistreated. Your harsh words and hostility to Elfsea
>are
>noted, I hope that this is just a passing peevish rant and you will come to
>a more temporant viewpoint in the future.
>   Ameline
>Lady Elfsea

My words are simple and to the point. It is not my intent to foment
animosity between the Barony of the Steppes and the Barony of Elfsea, but
rather to address the grievous inconsideration, intentional or not, on the
part of a member or members of your barony against the Steppes. The Barony
of the Steppes is the second oldest Barony in Ansteorra and is deserving of
all the rights and priviledges of such an august and venerable member of
Ansteorra. To have our traditional location at the Gulf Wars site for every
year I have been to the event, summarily taken over without so much as a
commoners "by your leave" to their Excellencies Abd' al-Mahdi Jamal ibn
Hakim and Valeria Richila Navarro, Baron and Baroness of the Steppes, is a
rank breach of protocol. When challenged last year for doing the same, the
only response was the bald lie of "this is where we have always camped".
Steppes has almost always camped next to the Barony of Axemore off the main
road across from the main Ansteorran Gate and with the exception of Arabella
and Ferghus camping on the edge so as to make use of the electricity from
Axemoor, at least half of the frontage space between Axemoor and Ricardo de
Pisa. Last year, as stated in my original missive, we we forced around the
corner to front on Ricardo de Pisa and then surrounded on two of the
remaining sides by the Elfsea Encampment.

There are only two baronies in the Central region so it should not have been
a great trouble to consult with the respective BnB's on this matter. If the
space was needed for a good reason and asked with the proper consideration,
I am sure that Their Excellencies Steppes would have gladly conceded the
land with the appropriate provisions that another suitable site were
obtained. To have had it summarily re-allocated as a benchmark and the
Elfsea encampment by a member of Elfsea for the benefit of Elfsea is
intolerable.

I am sorry to have laid this matter out in so open a manner, but with the
same thing being done against the Steppes as was done last year, even after
the complaints made at that time, I could not allow the matter to go unheard
again. That the slight was made four plus months before the event when we
are no where near the end of pre-registration only shows the lack of
courtesy on the part of the Central Regional Gulf War Landcrat.

I do not seek animosity between our baronies. I seek to right a wrong that
was forced upon the Steppes last year and looks like it was going to be
forced upon us again.

In Service to the Steppes,

HE Borek Vitalievich Volkov, CB, CSM, OOS, Star Emeritus