[Steppes] precedence reminder

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 17:42:12 PST 2004

Greetings All,

We, as members of the society, are expected to act in a courteous and
honorable behavior at all times.

As such, we try to use the correct form of address when talking to another
member. Often, we do not know an appropriate title, so in such cases a
simple use m'lord'or m'lady.

Also, if we expect people to know our proper titles and use them at all
times, then we need to put it on ourselves to educate people of our personal
titles.  This includes wearing award regalia, introducing ourselves with our
proper title, and signing our missives (including email) with our proper
title.

This is an important part of the game we play - and certainly, if we do not
use our titles ourselves, then we should not hold others to a different
standard.

Your Servant to Command,
Honorable Lord Philip White