[Steppes] Thanks from HL Saqra

Jackie Saunders jsaunders at Evercom.net
Mon Nov 29 07:00:14 PST 2004

I would like to express my gratitude to all those members of both
Steppes and Elfsea that turned out for our Thanksgiving weekend demo at
the Mensa Regional Gathering.  The Mensa RG committee was thrilled at
our turnout and our presentations.

A special thank you to Their Excellencies for coming and, as usual,
representing the height of SCA accomplishment.  Special appreciation
goes to the Middle Eastern Dance Guild, in the guise of Lady Tiger Palm
(Lady Celeste) and Her Grace, Mistress Willow de Wisp, co-guild leaders,
plus all of the others in their troupe, Sir Lasguaard who so ably
assisted all of us both set up and tear down, and Mistress Kalida who
found some fellow adventurers in clay in the Mensa group (and Sir
Thorkel who both aided in set up and tear down while ill!).  Also,
thanks to Honorable Ladies Suzanna and Caireen for their arts, HL
Vincenzo and Lady Nuala, Lord Agilwulf for being a human pell for both
His Excellency and Sir Lasguaard, Lord Seamus of the Amazing Voice for
heralding and generally looking good, Lord Bre'nain MacGilla
Pa'traic--the Steppes demo coordinator--for his support and good will,
Lady Anne the Spinster, Lady Genevieve de Lioncourt, Lady Grainne, Don
Alaric, Lady Linet, Lady Sarah MacGregor, Galen of Innis Merth, and
Inglewulf.  If I've left anyone out, I'm so sorry - I'm still
brain-fried from the weekend.  I appreciated all the work all of you
did, and the time you were willing to donate of your holiday weekend!

Thank you all for representing the best that the SCA has to offer -
living proof that the skills and arts of the Middle Ages are still alive
and well!

In grateful appreciation and in service to the Barony,

The Honorable el-Sayyidda Saqra al-Kudsi