[Steppes] Joint War Practice - Elfsea/Steppes - 12-05-2004

Rixende de Rouen rixende at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:51:23 PST 2004

The other Rapier fighters in attendance who were in armour were:

Lord Dirk the Just (Elfsea Rapier Marshal)
Lord Antonio de Tagliavera (recent transplant from the Midrealm)

Don Alaric was in attendance, but was not fighting that day.

In Service,
Rixende

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:25:12 -0600, Mike <meggiddo at netzero.net> wrote:
> Heilsa,
>
> The second official Joint War Practice was held in Veterans park over in
> Arlington. The day dawned gray and overcast with rain in the morning,
> tapering off to a light mist by 12 PM when I ventured out upon the
> trails to make my way to Veterans park. Along the way, the mist did
> indeed turned heavy, looking through the windows it seem to be
> increasing in a drizzle and then a light rain a scant 5 miles from the
> park. Upon arriving at the park - the light rain had turned back to a
> medium mist and slowly stopped.
>
> There in the park lot of Veterans park stood - Chris, from DFT, with
> Hrafn, and Hosey. Then slowly over the course of an hour more people
> arrived and those who intended to fight don their armor. While the armor
> was being donned, the sky cleared and the sun shone down upon those who
> did not placed their trust in their local weatherman.
>
> The old saying still holds true - "If you do not like the weather, then
> just wait awhile - it will change!"
>
> In attendance this day:
>
> Baron Armand Dragonetti - Elfsea baron
>
> Sir Baron Qadi 'Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim - Baron of Steppes
>
> Centurion Stella Silvana
>
> Centurion Tomas Niallagain and his lady HL Rixende de Rouen (Seneschal
> of Elfsea) - Tomas is a squire of Sir Duncan. Lady Rixende fighting rapier.
>
> Hrafn Olafsson - Steppes Knight Marshal
>
> Daire da Haya - Elfsea Knight Marshal
>
> CinaedOHosey and his children - Tori, Jon, and Nikko
>
> Alvin and his lady - Lady Maili Donnel MacGregor - the Deputy Earl
> Marshal for Youth Combat
>
> Chris from Dragon Fire Tor - I believe this is correct. Do not remember
> is SCA name.
>
> Lady Allessandra di Giovanni - Steppes Equestrian Marshall - being
> escorted by Justinian, man-at-arms to the Elfsea Knight Marshal, Daire
>
> Mike and his son Mikey
>
> Josh
>
> I know that there was 7 more individuals on the side lines and can not
> remember who they are.
>
> and myself - Michael Fray
>
> There was a number of one-on-one fights as a warm-up to the main war
> practice.
>
> HL Rixende with Don Alaric and I believe three others were practicing
> with rapiers.
>
> People in armor:
> Sir Mahdi, Baron Armand, Centurion Stella, Centurion Tomas, Hrafn,
> Daire, Hosey, Mike, Josh, Justinian, and Chris.
>
> Total of 11 fighters.
>
> Plus two youths fighting - which occurred after the Youth Marshaling
> authorization class was held by Lady Maili Donnel MacGregor.
> Justinian attended this class and missed approximately half of the heavy
> fighting. There is now one more Youth Marshal available for the future,
> I for one, applauded his decision to become one.
>
> Children:  7
>
> Total in attendance:  27 or at least from what I recall.
>
> Scenarios:

> [...]

Honorable Lady Rixende de Rouen, CIM, CSM
Seneschal, Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra
Quidam audit valde, facit valde