[Steppes] OT riding the rails to DFW

Crystal Lamb clamb at Advocacyinc.org
Thu Dec 16 08:26:10 PST 2004

Ciard questioned:

Has anyone ridden the DART express rail to DFW airport?

I have to take my Mom for a flight to Tampa on Dec. 21.    Mom uses a
walker.

~~~

A great resource is our local office of Advocacy, Inc. in Dallas.  They
can give you loads of info on transportation options for those with
disabilities (and three cheers for Southwest Airlines!).  They will also
know about ADA requirements for the DART train.  Their number is (214)
630-0916 or www.advocacyinc.org.

You may also consider DART's direct transport options....I'm blanking on
the exact name (Metrolift....Handiride....?).  The local office will
know.

They're also great to know for lots of other things:  accessibility
issues, Medicaid\Medicare\SSI issues, IDEA, yada yada yada.

...we now return you to your regularly scheduled list.

~Aslyn