[Steppes] OT riding the rails to DFW

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 16:01:29 PST 2004

Ciard, I drive to DFW during holiday season a couple of times a year to pick
up and return my son. The traffic really isn't that bad at all. If you have
a handicapped parking permit, you shouldnt have any problems. I have to
laugh when people make the comments about DFW and traffic and parking. This
airport is a piece of cake compared to Portland, OR or LAX in Los Angeles. I
have rarely had too much difficulty parking, and I have never had to wait in
long lines at the airport here. I would also check with the airline and see
if they will allow you to meet your mother at the gate, since she is
disabled. I know that a parent can meet a child under 18 at the gate, I
don't see why you couldnt meet your mom there. Make sure before her trip,
that they know she needs assistance, then check on line to make sure of the
proper gate to go to and whether flights are on time. Can't be a lot
different than having a kid fly on their own. ;)

Good Luck,

Linet