[Steppes] OT riding the rails to DFW

ED Reese reese_esther at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 19:23:09 PST 2004

I took the train to the airport, to go to LA in July. The DART is handicapped accesible, and the ride is very nice. Once you get over onto the train for the main trip to the airport, it is even very "scenic".

I think you and your Mom will be able to manage getting on and off -- the big airport train is multi-level, she should be able to find a seat without climbing stairs.

Also, you are dropped off at a place where your next bus will take you to the correct terminal. Once in the terminal grab the first person you see who is remotely uniformed, and get the good lady a wheelchair.

Esther

Ciard49 at aol.com wrote:
Greetings everyone,

Has anyone ridden the DART express rail to DFW airport?

I have to take my Mom for a flight to Tampa on Dec. 21. Mom uses a walker.

I'll be leaving from the Garland station.

I looked at the DART web site and see the ride will take about 2-3 hours
with at least 2 transfers.

Would you recommend it over the parking and traffic hassles?

thanks for any advice

Ciard