[Steppes] last reminder for SteppesLetter

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Fri Dec 24 17:32:54 PST 2004

Heilsa,

In respond to your request for information and not knowing for sure if
Hrafn is still in town or he has left for the holidays. Below is the
information concerning both fighter practice and the Joint War Practices
which are schedule:

Greetings to one and all! I bring news for all Heavy Fighters of the
Steppes.

Starting in November, we will be having monthly joint practices with
our neighbors to the West. These practices will be held on the 1st
Sunday of each month, starting at our usual time of 2:00pm. Each
month we will alternate locations where the practice is held, with
November's being in the Steppes (Mary Heads Carter park in
Carrollton).

Nov 7th: Steppes
Dec 5th: Elfsea
Jan 2nd: Steppes
Feb 6th: Elfsea
Mar 6th: Steppes <-- last practice before Gulf Wars
...etc...

Since we are able to have Combat Archery at our location, if has been
put forward that we spend the majority of time at the Steppes
practice performing war-drills. His Majesty Drake is very eager to
see that we (The Central Region) have a good showing at Gulf Wars,
and these practices should go a long way towards achieving that goal .

I have added these special practices to the group calendar (Yes we
have one!), and reminders will be sent out a few days prior to the
event. Hopefully this will cut down on any confusion.

For practices held in Elfsea, the loaner gear will be making the trip
out to Veterans Park.

If you have any questions/comments/suggestions regarding this new
arrangement, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hrafn Olafsson
Knight Marshal of the Steppes

The fighter practice meeting at Mary Heads Carter park in Carrollton every Sunday afternoon starting at 2 PM and running until sundown or until everyone has had their fill of fighting. Loaner gear is available on a 1st come 1st served ... Instruction is provided as well by a number of excellent fighters that attended on regular basic.

After the fighter practice - the group will adjourned to one of the local buffets for dinner.

There is also a yahoo groups e-mail list which is: SteppesFP at yahoogroups.com

Michael Fray