[Steppes] Mailing list status

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:35:00 PDT 2005

I would love to be able to delete all of the things that don't on the
surface appear to be important, but unfortunately, I have occasionally found
some real gems that I needed or was glad to know about in posts that
retained subject lines that probably should have been changed, so I skim
though everything. I am grateful for the decrease in the number of posts and
have learned how to do my posting without sending things where I don't want
them to go after a few glitches right after the change.

As far as people not getting information that they should such as when or
where....well theSteppes webpage still has email addresses, phone numbers,
and other contact information about officers, guilds, meeting places times,
etc. Perhaps we should be encouraging people to use that information more
often so that the information goes directly where it should go rather than
cluttering up the list. I seem to recall getting several emails relayed from
folks who were on their way to Gulf passing on info about speed traps. When
all of the lists get pasted with this stuff, I know I get some of the same
thing at least three or four times because of the multiple lists I am on. As
far as the archer is concerned, if he had been directed to the website, he
would have been able to email or call me and I would have been more than
happy to direct him to practice. Being originally from An Tir myself, I
would have loved to chat with him, as well.

I will agree that just hitting reply is nice for all those lists you
mentioned other than the fact that again, it means that one person can
sometimes get the same email three, four, five, or more times. I would
rather that people not just blindly send to everyone, but make certain that
their messages are more specific to the list they are sent on. That is why
there are so many different lists, so that we all don't have to get the same
stuff all the time. There are really very few things that need to be sent to
every list.

Personally, I think that everyone should be subscribed to the Ansteorra list
and their local list and that's it. Information that doesn't need to go to
everyone should be kept to the special interest lists, just as local stuff
should be kept on the local list and me too's should be gone completely.

Lyneya de Grey
Archery Marshal
Barony of the Steppes