[Steppes] Fwd: Gameboard Project - fabric painting question

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 11:55:57 PST 2005

Unto any and all artisans of the Steppes:

I sent this out to a few friends, but I'm not coming up with much.  I have
found out that Gouache is right out.  I bought some fabric markers, and
although the gold marker is doing well on the counted stitch cloth, the blue
marker is really awful.  I may go to paint for that.  The stitch cloth is very
3 dimensional and it's difficult getting the color to penetrate.  So...

Any suggestions from the fabric painting community on what is the best fabric
paint or markers to use?  Also, if you know of a special technique, please let
me know.  The designs are fairly small - think awards scrolls, but on cloth.

Please REPLY ALL so I can get sufficient input through the thread (sorry Jon,
Hubert).  I don't care if I get the message twice.  After all, I can easily
delete any duplicates. (why do others find this so difficult?  Don't answer
that!!!!)

HL Gabrielle Honoree de Saint Pierre