[Steppes] One more on Replies

Steppes Seneschal steppes.seneschal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 16:59:51 PST 2005

 Antonia,

The main difference is that once you hit reply all, you easily can
delete the extra person from that address list, as I did in this post.
 Cutting and pasting the individual email id has not been a successful
means of limiting email traffic. If you know that the post will make a
double entry, then take the time to remove the extra address. It take
the sender less effort than the old cut and past method, and only the
sender will be receiving the extra post.

Many businesses have gone to limiting company wide email lists to
being allowed only on the Bcc line (blind carbon copy) due to people
often hitting reply and sending their individual reply to the entire
company. One person doing this is funny, 200 doing this is a server
killer.

I know this is different, and some don't like it, but I have not seen
an oops message in a week.  That may be a new record.