[Steppes] Musicians among the populace?

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 06:17:15 PST 2005

Many years ago, Steppes used to have a musicians guild.  You would be surprised
how many closet musicians you may find in the Steppes (our Baron, for one,
plays a mean 'flûte à bec' !).

HL Gabrielle
--- Russell and Erika Kinder <Russell_Erika at comcast.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> Just to clarify, Isabeau was referring specifically to instrumental,
> primarily non-vocal music. Not that we have anything against vocal
> music, but as our friend the bard has stated, we already have a bardic
> meeting. So basically, we will be doing "not bardic". This is an
> opportunity for musicians to come together and learn to play as an
> ensemble.
>
> One could correctly infer that we will be encouraging the playing of
> courtly dance music, but pretty much whatever period pieces the
> musicians want to play will be fine. I have Master Avatar's dance music
> book, and I'm sure other musicians have other music.
>
> Anything from Hildegard von Bingen to Cantigas de Santa Maria to
> Praetorius is great.
>
> Best regards to everyone,
> HL Guillaume de Troyes
>
> On Tuesday, March 1, 2005, at 06:22  PM, Nzingha, The Moor Of Dundee
> wrote:
>
> > Bard here...Leza Mesiah aka Nzingha, The Moor Of Dundee and her twin
> > Nzingha, The Moor Of Cordoba...We already  DO have a Steppes Music
> > group that already meets once a month to get to gether to play and
> > highlight our works...Singing together would be nice also.   Right now
> > I'm in Scarborough Faire Rehersals as a performer and will be MIA from
> > the Music group, but it's comforting to know that the Bardic Group is
> > there.. Thanks...   www.moorofdundee.com
> >

> > Barbara Lee <barb at barbsgarb.com> wrote:
> > There's two of us up in Glaslyn. And an aspiring 4yr old. We would
> > love to
> > get a group together. My lord, Lorenzo, and I are both graduates with
> > Bachelor's degrees in music. He is currently doing his Master's in the
> > same
> > with a minor in music history, so we've gotten to play around with
> > period
> > music a lot.
> >
> > We both are recorder players, though sadly dedicated to soprano
> > recorders at
> > the moment, through lack of other instruments. We have a fairly large
> > selection of period music from both of our studies.
> >
> > Barbara Lee the Merchant

=====
“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.