[Steppes] Assistance needed please (OT related technical note)

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:19:13 PDT 2005

In light of Her Grace's message, and just in case this impacts anyone else:
please be aware that messages originating from Hotmail accounts SEEM to be
having far greater than usual problems in reaching both AOL and CompuServe
accounts over (roughly) the last two weeks.  I have not been able to
determine any specific cause, but delivery failure appears to be most common
in directly-sent messages with a single recipient specified -- and usually
the rejection notice is preceded by a "delayed transmission" notice.  (My
unproven workaround has been to blind-copy one of my other accounts...that
appears to have reduced the reject rate by at least 50%)

In connection with the recent Level3 / Cogent difficulties, I personally
would urge anyone who doesn't have at least two email accounts -- under
separate providers/hosts -- should consider establishing at least one
alternate via one of the "freemail" services (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.)

ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe / Adieu, Amra

Mike C. Baker
SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen
   SFF&H Reviews and More!: http://www.sfwatcher.com