[Steppes] When Email Escapes!!

roc baldonado rocthebold at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 08:40:41 PST 2005

Leave it how it Is.Keep people thinking.
  ROC

Steppes Seneschal <steppes.seneschal at gmail.com> wrote:
This is a situation that many people ignore, but it is a real problem.
Here is how it usually starts:

Someone sends a email to the list saying how cool a time they had at the event.

Someone else replies saying something like "yeah, cool time, but did
you see what HL Sparky was wearing, man what was he thinking", and
then hits send.....

Moments later all the color drains from commenter's face, and fills HL
Sparky's...

Public and private emails fly about.

More rumors, oh what fun.

The problem is that the Steppes List is a "party line" so private
comments don't stay private. And yes, I have caused grief in this
way more than once.

There is a solution, it would change the default setting to replying
to the sender and not the list. You would actually need to press

I think it's a smart move and I had one of the moderators look into
this a couple of months back. It is not in my authority to make this
change, but I think it would help.

So, what does the group think? Is it worth it to you to actually
choose "reply all" instead of "reply" to prevent hurt feelings? I
think it is.