[Steppes] When Email Escapes!!

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 12:36:28 PST 2005

I think that the proposed idea is one that is very genuine, but I think it
will cause a bit of a problem, and covers an issue that really needs
addressing more.

>From a mail box stand point, I hit reply all today and got my message
bounces from the other lists that I am not on, kinda a pain...and the other
lists are going to wonder where that came from, topic from outer space,
duck!!!!

But...there goes my preamble... what I consider the more important issue
kinda ties into this email ettiquette thingie, so here goes.

We are trying to create a society based upon courtesy and chivalry.  All
Lords are valient, all Ladies gracious and beautiful, I am sure you all have
heard the long version of this from me lol.

What has really begun to bug me and some other peers I have talked with, is
that it seems the value of grace and courtesy seems to be being somewhat
pushed aside and the value of "look at me! look at me!!" considered more
acceptible.  Personally I came to recreate the whole medieval/Ren thing with
the courtesies, the cool clothes and the martial aspect.  I see enough "Look
at me!!!" in the real world both business, home, kids, wondering the isles
at walmart, you get the picture.

***We once valued service from an individual as coming from love from their
heart, not want of an award or recognition, and once valued recognizing
individuals who were humble of spirit and gentle of deeds as amoung our most
mighty assets and great treasures.*** <see Duchess stand on soap box!!!***

What I am saying is that if we hit the oops button, been there done that, we
hit it.  If we are giving a critisism of an autocrat, an event, a fighter,
an artisan etc to a 3rd party perhaps we should be considering ccing them a
copy instead of prevention methods.

I would dearly love to see a return to times where someone was held in high
esteem for the quiet deeds and work they have done, not seeing someone try
to further their recognition through their associations or god forbid a non
period neon sign.

Steppes is an old Barony.  We are in Dallas Texas a HUGE area of population.
  Instead of further insulating outselves from each other, why not work on
agreeing to disagree, learning each other's strengths so we can call upon
each other, and working together as a whole to bring in the new membership
this group needs and deserves.

I for one would love to see our Barony double and triple in size over the
coming years.  More new friends, more to share the paegentry and the dream
with.

We have a wonderful B&B and a new seneschal full of energy and enthusiasm
for the Barony.  Let's use the list to generate some new enthusiasm for our
group to grow and thrive.

My .59 cents for today :)

hugs all.

Larissa