[Youth-combat] RE: [Elfsea] RE: [Steppes] Fwd: [Ansteorra]YouthfulCombata...

DonnelShaw@aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 20:29:12 PST 2005

Your Grace,
Of the two previous posts and including mine we are all active members of
the Youth Combat Community for the last three to four years.

 All of us have teenaged children who fight.

Two of us are teachers and one is not.

Two of us have been in for 20 plus years.

Two of us have fought heavy.

One has been a marshall and in the middle of things for years.

One is one of my best friends and the other is my right hand man in youth
combat.

We don't always agree on everything but the bottom line is we want the best
for the children.  If that means being brave to state our support  for  the
new purposed rule change or  concern for the health and welfare  for the child
and SCA that could be caused by the new rule change. I am glad to  hear it.  We
all have different perspective and experiences. It does  not make one better
than the other but we must respect each others opinions.

Personally, I would rather have someone out there saying. "I am  worried that
(___ activity) might harm a child. Let's look at it and make  sure everything
is safe for your child as well as mine." Than "It's not my  child." And not
worry about it. They might come up with a good point. I thank  those that are
concerned and worried and have voiced their opinion. Thinking and  caring for
others is an honorable trait.

Donnel

In a message dated 1/12/2005 12:07:22 PM Central Standard Time,