[Youth-combat] RE: [Elfsea] RE: [Steppes] Fwd:[Ansteorra]YouthfulCombata...

DonnelShaw@aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 17:23:31 PST 2005

Your Grace,
The reason we are talking about it is a week before 12th night His Grace
Patrick Michael asked for imput about this purposed change. In fact the deadline
has passed and the comment time has closed. The new program is to be read
into  law this coming weekend to my understanding; but as King, His Majesty Drake
can  change his mind. It is all up to him to decide.
When this new program first came up many fighters were for the change but
the majority I knew about were not parents or in the Youth Combat Community.
Since we are dealing with children I felt it was vital that parents and youth
marshals be given a chance to voice their opinion. It was agreed upon and thus
we had our KM's requests for comments.

Being that I live on the boarder of Elfsea and Steppes I fwd. the email to
this list and Elfsea.  I have authorized most if not all of the marshall's  and
combatants in this area and have run the lists for the last 3-4 years.  I
wanted the parents of the children to have an opportunity to speak.

I do know that there are those here that have voice their concern and feel
like they are not being listened to. I want to make sure that there opinion is
respected as much as I respect yours the other perspective.

Both Linet and Jon have listened to me give the authorization class more
than once in the last year; even if they have never been authorized. They have
helped me with my son and their Excelancy's son. They have listened to  my
husband and I talk with our son. They have seen me as DEM, Teacher  and Mom. They
may not be in the middle of the mud puddle but their shoes  have mud on them.
I respect and value both of their opinion.

I thank you for the offer to help if I ever see an instance  where a child
might get hurt. But be assured that when it comes to the  safety of a child I
will jump in with both feet. I would encourage you to as  well.

Now all we can do is wait and see if it will or will not be signed into law
next weekend. I am pretty sure it will. If it is we need to work to make sure
that the children are taken care of and supported.

I would like to caution that we make sure that any child understand that we
support what his or her parents decides. We do not want to undermine the
parents  choice. It would be an easy mistake.

In Service to  the Children
In remembering our past we must look to our future.
Lady  Maili Donnel MacGregor
Deputy Earl Marshal - Youth Combat
_Youth Combat of Ansteorra_ (http://youthcombat.ansteorra.org/)