[Steppes] Business meeting 2-1-05

Steppes Seneschal steppes.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:18:47 PST 2005

Over the past several months, the Steppes business meeting has gotten
away from the actual 'business' of running the Steppes.   Due to this,
the meeting has become progressively longer, but less actual
'business' items are getting resolved.

In an effort to correct this, the monthly business meeting will be
adjusted to a more 'business' like format.  The only people who need
attend are the local officers, the Baron and/or Baroness and anyone
submitting a bid for a local event or office. This is not a closed
meeting, but it will be very focused on the business needs of our
group.

Topics outside of the 'business' of running the Steppes will be tabled
to the monthly populace meeting.  This will include such things as
guild reports, demo feedback and requests for demo volunteers.  In
addition, those individuals wishing to make the populace aware of an
upcoming activity should do this at the populace meeting, not at the
business meeting.

If you have a special request that must be discussed at business
meeting, please contact me prior to the meeting for scheduling.  If I
agree, it will be added to the agenda.

My goal is to return the items of interest to the populace back to the
'populace meeting', and have only the business items at the 'business
meeting'.  This action should restore the business meeting back to
about an hour in length.  As you may have noticed, the populace
meeting has now been moved to a Friday night.  This will allow for
more in-depth discussions on items of interest to the barony at large.

A sample agenda is shown below.  The times listed are a guideline for
keeping the meeting on track.  I will be running the business meeting
this Tuesday based on this list:

Changes in kingdom law that effects the barony (5-min.)

Officer reports (30-min.)

Baronial event bids  (5-min.)

Baronial office bids (5-min.)

Items of an urgent nature (5-min.)

Baron and Baroness address the officers (10-min.)

Meeting ends

I ask that you please show respect to the other people in attendance
and limit cute quips, jibes and the like to the Friday night populace
meeting.

--
Jon Rolfsson
Steppes Seneschal